About Our Institution
Approved by, Ministry of Health & Family Planning of People’s Republic of Bangladesh; and Bangladesh Nursing & Midwifery Council.
Courses We offer
in Nursing Science & Midwifery (3 Years)
- The Students of BSC (Basic & Post-basic) in Nursing are awarded certificates after an annual examination conducted under Dhaka University(under process).
- The Student of the Diploma in Nursing Science & Midwifery course are awarded certificates after the central annual exam conducted by Bangladesh Nursing & Midwifery Council.
The Education System of Nursing in Bangladesh
At present 46 public institutes, 20 public Colleges and 238 private institutes, 66 private Colleges are different courses running under different public Universities which are approved by BNMC & MOH&FW. Each year arranged respectively accommodated and trained almost 20000 students in Bangladesh. The demand for Nursing is ever rising at home and abroad, and it is required to develop the attributes of the nursing educational environment in Bangladesh. Purposing the development and parentage of nurses for forging them to be internationally qualified, skilled, Dhaka Metro Nursing College has been established.
Job Placement Chances
Nursing students have better chances of job placement than students arriving from a general educational background. People of this country are getting more health-conscious nowadays. Besides the formation of government hospitals, many private hospitals are being constructed to cope with the emerging numbers of health-conscious & health distress population. Today Bangladesh has 71,369 registered nurses among whom, 37239 are working in different government hospitals, and others are placed in different non-government health sectors- Clinical hospitals, NGOs, Defense, and industrial private organizations or have moved abroad. Every day the requirement for qualified nurses is increasing. In today’s Bangladeshi context, there is a requirement of approx. 2, 50,000 nurses and in next five years, the number will increase into approx. 5, 00,000 (5 lacks).After courses are completed from Dhaka Metro Nursing College, we are giving chance in reputed Hospitals for job placement. Qualified nurses are demanded international job placements as well. Each year, a huge number of qualified nurses are moving abroad and earning foreign currencies by respective services.
Superior attention to client’s needs with a greater emphasis on health care. Such care is effective, respectful, responsive, reliable, efficient and timely.
- To prepare international standard nurses who can make independent decisions in nursing situations.
- Protect the right of patients and facilitate individual & community participate and conduct research studies in areas of nursing.
- To maintain a centre of excellence in nursing education with a view to generate new perspective & innovative approaches in scientific health care system.
Florence Nightingale, OM, RRC, DStJ was an English social reformer, statistician, and the founder of modern nursing. Nightingale came to prominence while serving as a manager and trainer of nurses during the Crimean War, in which she organized to care for wounded soldiers.
Florence Nightingale, c. 1860 Born
12 May 1820
13 August 1910 (aged 90)
Nationality British Known for Pioneering modern nursing Awards Royal Red Cross (1883)
Lady of Grace of the Order of St John (LGStJ) (1904)
Order of Merit (1907)
Scientific career Fields Hospital hygiene and sanitation, statistics Institutions Selimiye Barracks, Scutari
King’s College London